Need a Physiotherapist? We’re Here for You 24 Hours
24 Hour Assessment
24 hour assessments are carried out by our specialist physiotherapists. This service is provided nationwide. We will assess you from the moment you wake until you go to bed. All aspects of your activities of daily living will be assessed and a risk assessment of your home environment will be completed.
During the 24 hour assessment we will educate you, your relatives and your carers, if appropriate, on manual handling techniques and provide a home exercise programme.
A full report will be produced following your assessment outlining our recommendations such as; aids and adaptations, transfer techniques, home exercises programmes and, if appropriate, care packages. We will also refer you to other NHS or private services that you may benefit from and provide recommendations regarding ongoing physiotherapy treatment.
The benefits of 24 hour assessments are:
- Thorough understanding of patient’s needs obtained and detailed in an official report
- Reduce risk of falls
- Increase quality of life
- Increase therapeutic handling and knowledge of carers
- Recommendations can be immediately auctioned
- Reduced risk of secondary complications
- Reduce unnecessary expense of care packages